Tuesday, March 17th, 2015 – Panel Discussion and Film: “The Paddler”
- A critical discussion of some of the issue surrounding current water practices and sustainable development
- Panel members include Clayton McCann, Curtis Volkle, Bob Purdy, Carey Missler, and Eileen Delehanty Pearkes.
Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 – Okanagan Basin Water Board Panel Discussion
Thursday, March 19th, 2015 – Celebratory Water Ceremony, Splashdown, Bluedrinks
Highlights from the outdoor courtyard ceremony will include:
- Okanagan drummers and singers, speeches from local dignitaries, and Jeannette Angel Fox, Margo Tamez, and INDG 450: “Engaging the Indigenous teachings on Water”, and performance of an original musical composition written by Dr. Hugo de Burgos.
- Eileen Delehanty Pearkes’s keynote address in the UNC Theatre with a reception to follow.
- Water research presentations will be held in the UNC Theatre – (READ MORE about Splashdown)
Friday, March 20th, 2015 – Water Wars
- A fun outdoor student competition to raise sustainability and conservation awareness. Fun finale to all the water festivities.
This is a the overview itinerary. For more information about the individual events see the associated links. Additionally, see the contributors biographies for World Water Day 2015 HERE.